Friday, March 25, 2011

3/25/11

My class four finally showed up!!! I have had the worste luck with getting my class fours to show up. I had a patient that had never had a cleaning. I schedule him twice and he was a no show both times. Then I screened a woman that was a class four and I believe she was nervous so she did not show for two scheduled appointments. I found a patient that had not been in for ten years going in for extractions and she just cancelled on me last night. The sad thing was that I confirmed with each patient the night before. I think these patients are just very nervous. As hygienist we need to offer nitrous, anesthesia, and make them the most comfortable. So now I just have two quads of a class four to go! My patient this afternoon was a class 5, but she has 11 mm pockets in localized areas with suppuration. I'm going to try to talk the instructor into a class 4. We will see:)

No comments:

Post a Comment